Blimey, I’m tired. This morning Tristan was up before 5 because he had to fly to Scotland for a couple of days, to begin his MSc. So I was up early as well: I took Tui the Wonder Dog to the dog sitter’s house for the next two days and then caught a train just before 7am. As I parked at the station (because I’m still not supposed to walk much and I did quite a lot of walking over the weekend, as it turns out), I realised that my front right-hand tyre is almost completely flat. I didn’t notice anything weird when I was driving, so either it happened as I got to the station or I’m a really bad and unobservant driver. Anyway, that will be fun to sort out when I get home this evening. I’ve already programmed the telephone number of our emergency breakdown cover service into my phone, because I have more chance of making a car from scratch than I do of changing a tyre myself.
This weekend I achieved some of my goals, but not all of them.
Things I did do:
- Watched the rugby (and the All Blacks beat the Wallabies at the last minute, which was awesome)
- Went to Tamara Drewe (which was pretty entertaining, albeit fairly ‘slight’)
- Ate sweets
- Did lots of embroidery while watching Sky Plussed episodes of Masterchef Australia (and Tristan has decided to bow to the inevitable and watch this series with me, which is the path of least resistance given that this programme is on TV six nights a week for the next fourteen weeks)
- Bought birthday presents for two nieces: Gabriella (who turns ten at the end of the month) and Claire (who turned fifteen last week and who had the three-week trip to Europe at our expense earlier this year)
- Walked Tui the Wonder Dog twice
- Spent the whole weekend with Tristan
- Went to London with Tristan, to help him as he bought new trousers and jumpers
- Bought a new jumper and a new cardigan, both from the Uniqlo mensware concession in Selfridges
- Drank a good vanilla milkshake at Gourmet Burger Kitchen in Soho and ate a fairly rubbish burger there as well
- Baked a damned fine-looking banana, coconut and mixed berry loaf (which I will ice this evening)
However, I didn’t:
- Write anything
- Clean the house
- Colour my hair (although I did order that Colour B4 stuff that I mentioned the other day, so I should have regained my natural hair colour by the end of the week)
- Obey my own rule about not buying clothes (obviously)
Also, please note:
- I’m nine for nine when it comes to breakfasting at home on work days
- I’m also nine for nine in the ‘take lunch to work’ stakes (although it was easier today: I had a lunchtime training session and sandwiches were provided)
- Friday was a no spending day and today will be one as well, so that’s six days so far this month
Right, it’s time to tackle the vast number of unanswered emails in my work in-box. I have been run absolutely ragged since Alice departed, so thank goodness that Emma, her replacement, is starting this Wednesday.